Monday, January 10, 2011

Dream Premonition


                It seems that about half of what I see comes through in dreams.  I had a warning or premonition about my husband’s great-grandfather. 
            My great-grandfather in law was in his 90s.  He was still pretty spry for his age.  He was a tall, willowy man.  He and I were the outcasts during my husband’s family get togethers.  We would sit on the couch and he would tell stories about all the things he had seen, which was phenomenal.  He was born in the era of horse and buggy and through his lifetime saw people land on the moon.  He was alive during WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam.  He had so many stories, and they were amazing.  So I would sit on the couch and listen to him talk.  His false teeth did not fit well, so as he talked, they would click together. 
            I dreamt one night that I was at another family gathering.  My husband’s family was being particularly mean to me.  Then, the old man began to clutch his stomach and cried out.  We took him to the emergency room.  The dream played out as though I were actually experiencing all of this, full color, full sound. 
            The next morning my mother-in-law called.  Before I handed the phone over to my husband, I told her that she needed to tell her grandmother that Grandpa was going to be sick.  I told her that he would have something wrong with his stomach.  She was quiet for a minute, then told me that he had just been rushed to the hospital because of stomach pains and they were doing tests on his intestines and colon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment